looking for something?

if you've known me for more than a minute you may have heard my expression for what it feels like when i get an idea that just makes sense: 'it's like a white hot hammer of inspiration to the back of the head'

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

whoa! i had no idea!

so i was reading

http://www.wisebread.com/sanity-saving-ideas-for-canning-jars


and it led me to

http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/tip_blender_and_mason_jar/

which led me to my kitchen. where i immediately stuck a mason jar on my blender




and then i tried the mason-jar-with-handle-mugs i have [two of them, different sizes]




and then i eyed the glass jar that my kava [brand] low acid instant coffee comes in that i had just pulled out while unloading the dishwasher and hadn't put away yet..... i have a LOT of those since i drink a lot of coffee and i'm not quite able to recycle a perfectly good glass jar after only one use.

lo and behold it fits!





sadly, the alfredo sauce jars do not fit, but they have metal lids so i am using them for storing tobacco anyway.


on an unrelated note, i do horrible horrible things to my kitchen in the name of efficiency [laziness]

i have several knife blocks so i didn't need the magnetic knife bar that came with the house... for knives. but it's a great place to keep my mini cast iron skillet and to drain my teapot after rinsing it out. ok, so i leave it up there all the time.








that green thing is the microfiber cloth for cleaning my glasses after i do dishes. i always splash them
feel free to be disturbed by the fact that i have a 20 foot long kitchen with 37 cabinets and i can't put away my teapot. i use it all the time so i am counting myself proud that i even bother to take it off the stove at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment