looking for something?

if you've known me for more than a minute you may have heard my expression for what it feels like when i get an idea that just makes sense: 'it's like a white hot hammer of inspiration to the back of the head'

Friday, October 15, 2010

happy anniversary to me

3 years ago today i was in the ICU being asked by a doctor "how long have you been diabetic?" to which i said "i'm what?"

i got asked all kinds of questions that day. like "why aren't you in a coma?" "why aren't you dead?" and my favorite, asked of one of the nurses who shushed a particularly insensitive doctor "what? she's awake? with THAT BG reading?"

yep, not only was i awake, but i'd been walking around with high blood sugar like that for a couple of months. i'd been to 5 different doctors who all wrote it off as something else, told me to go home, get some rest, and try these special eyedrops [or whatever]


since i am upright, employed, in possession of all my original organs in good condition, have my eyesight and all my toes, i say this is cause for celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment